Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 14 - August 28, 2009

9

In the final months of my senior year of high school, there was a poll going around asking who from our graduating class was most likely to achieve or become one thing or another. For example, who was most likely to be a millionaire? Who was most likely to live alone in a big old house with her 18 cats? And so on. If you were to look back at my yearbook, you’d find my name beside, “Most likely to marry someone famous.” The day I received this title, I never dreamed it would come true, but last night, my classmate’s prediction became reality.

How can I even begin to describe the pride I felt when I saw “GREG CULP” roll up on the big screen? To finally see all of his years of hard work and dedication to “9” come together into one incredible film was beyond words. Now I may be slightly biased, but it was the best film I have seen in quite some time. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love comedy, romance, and drama. The grouping of all three in a film is a winning combination, in my opinion. “9” doesn’t really have much of any of those. It is very difficult to categorize. In one word, it is INTENSE! The action is non-stop and the animation is incredible! I cannot believe how realistic the explosions were and how much detail is in every single shot. It is one of those films that I’m sure you could watch over and over again and see something different each time. I should stop there for now. I would hate to give anything away so I’ll keep my mouth shut until the film is released on 9/9/09!

There were many highlights last night, but one of the best moments was speaking with Shane Acker, the director, and having him sign the making of 9 book we received for attending the screening. I admit it…I was star struck!

For those of you who are planning on seeing the film opening day/weekend (that should be ALL of you!), there are 2 things I urge you to look for.

1. The letter A. Somewhere in the first third of the movie, the dolls are being attacked by the catbeast. 7 lands on the beast’s shoulders and is thrown up in the air. The camera moves in slow motion for a few seconds from above and in the bottom left hand corner, you will see a capital A in the rocks. That A is there intentionally. Greg carefully placed those rocks in that formation just for me. It was his little way of saying, “I love you, A.” Millions around the world will see that scene, but only a few will know its true meaning.

2. GREG CULP. When the movie finishes and the lights come up, stay in your seat. As the credits roll, look for Starz Animation, Toronto. Than find “Scene Set Up & Finaling Leads.” There you will see my amazingly talented husband’s name.

I love you, Greg, and I could not be more proud of you!


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

oops, not sure what I did there.

How incredible is that?! Congratulations to Greg, he has worked long and hard to see his name in the credits of this film. I can't wait to see it myself!

Post a Comment