Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 31 - September 14, 2009

Michael Jackson


About 2 weeks ago, around the time Michael Jackson was buried, I had a dream. I dreamed that I was in the crowd on the day of his burial. I, along with my husband, Brian and Kevin from the Backstreet Boys, and a crowd of MJ fans, stood around his open casket. As the procession moved down the street, I noticed that he looked different than when we first got there. I whispered to Greg, “He looks alive.” But he couldn’t be. He’d been dead for 2 months. Then the music started playing. Michael Jackson rose from his casket and started singing the Backstreet Boys song, “Larger Than Life.” The crowd went wild but I stepped back in fear. I don’t like the thought of dead people coming to life in front of me. When the song finished, Michael announced his comeback tour. His death had been faked for publicity and everyone, except for me, seemed to think that it was brilliant. I woke up in a panic thinking he was in our bedroom. I’m still not sure why I was so afraid of him (aside from the dead man walking part) but ever since that dream I get nervous when I hear his name.


My stomach was in knots last night as I watched the VMA’s (Video Music Awards) opening tribute to Michael Jackson. The dancers came on stage as Michael’s Thriller music video played on the screen behind them. (Aside: Thriller has made me nervous every since I first saw it on TV one Halloween night.) I just had this gut feeling that MJ would burst out of the giant screen and announce his comeback. I watched in anticipation and terror. I had to keep reminding myself that if his death was all a part of some elaborate scheme, he would have given it up by now and would be performing to sold out audiences all over the world.


I don’t want to leave this post with negative thoughts about the great Michael Jackson. Instead, I want to remember the songs I loved most growing up. First, Heal the World. He was really on to something with that song. The world really does need healing and with this song and his charitable organization, Heal the World Foundation, he did his part to bring awareness and help improve the lives of children around the world. Secondly, Will You Be There. Who doesn’t love the Free Willy song? I know the owner of this car definitely does.


1 comments:

Yoda said...

Hello! Just blog hopping...

Have a nice day! :)



-Master Yoda @ Friendster Layouts

Post a Comment