Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 36 - September 19, 2009

Shapely Secrets


I am giddy every time the phone rings! I think all of these days alone in our tiny apartment have finally gotten to me. The sound of the phone ringing makes my heart leap. Finally, some contact with the outside world.


On Friday afternoon, the UPS man called to tell me there was a package waiting for me at the front desk. I could have kissed him! I hung up the phone, jumped around the apartment, and actually let out a “wa-hoo” (no joke) before heading downstairs to claim my prize. I was barely through the door before I tore open the packaging to reveal my newest freebie. The thing I love most about being a resident of the United States of America is the free stuff! I can now enter every contest and am eligible for every free sample on the Internet. I used to spend hours online back home (in Canada) searching the web for free samples of hair products, cereal, you name it, and I would find a free sample. (Aside: One year, I even suggested to my family that we fill each other’s stockings with only free samples we found online.) The only problem was that, after all that searching, the samples were only for U.S. residents. Darn it all! I seriously believe that companies should want to send me products no matter where I live because, if I like a product, I cannot keep my big mouth shut about it. Take Sunsilk Anti-Flat Weightless Volumizing Creme, for example.


I found this at the 99c Only Store and couldn’t resist giving it a try. Every girl needs a little more volume to her hair, am I right? This product gave me the little extra volume I desired and smoothed any fly-aways without the sticky or crunchy feel you get with most hair products. Plus, it smells delicious! Sunsilk really delivered on its promise and I began telling the world. My mother is now hooked on this product and has asked me to bring home as many bottles as I can fit in my suitcase the next time I visit. Who knew you could get such a great hair product for only 99 cents? Don’t even get me started on my 99-cent L’Oreal Paris hairspray.


Okay, back to business. I tore open my UPS package to reveal Shapely Secrets. I recently won this product in an online giveaway I had forgotten that I even entered (Thanks, Nichol!). Now look closely.


7 minutes a day! Motionless exercise!! Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? You mean all I have to do is just stand there and I can expect to loose 1 dress size in only 14 days? Sign me up! I’m in!


I have to admit that I am more than skeptical but am willing to give it a try for all of you. Plus, if it works, goodbye gym (not that I’ve been more than once in the last month)! So, starting today and for the next 14 days, I’m going to give this product the old college try! I’ll report back in 2 weeks and let you know if I’ve lost any inches around the waist, hips, thighs, and upper arms (like they claim) and also if there are any noticeable changes in muscle tone. I feel like I’m back in elementary school and have just been assigned a science project. Let the butt clenching begin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment