Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 53 - October 6, 2009

Fall has arrived! Just a few days ago, I was boasting about the 90 degree temperatures here in L.A. but today, I was forced to dig out a sweater from the back of my closet. Although the sun is brightly shining and the sky is clear and blue, the temperature is only in the 60’s. Brrrr! It’s a good day to make pumpkin-turkey chili! Can you tell that I’m a little obsessed with pumpkin these days? Oh, and think I’ll throw in a little butternut squash for good measure.


Squash is a fall must-have in our house and can easily be added to your favourite dish. For example, add mashed butternut squash to your basic alfredo sauce and pour over tortellini. Trust me. It’s delicious! Does anyone have any other yummy pumpkin or squash recipes to share with the class?


Also, a birthday shout-out to Ben; my incredible brother-in-law and the loving father of my adorable little nephews. Happy Birthday, Ben! I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment