Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 59 - October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers and Happy Columbus Day to all you Americans!

What Thanksgiving traditions do you have? I imagine that almost all of you will celebrate with turkey and all the fixings at some point. Some of you will spend the day in the kitchen baking pumpkin pies. Others of you will spend the day in front of the television watching football. Some of you will go for a walk with family through the crisp fall leaves. Others of you will curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book.

I have noticed that on many television shows or in movies that feature Thanksgiving, you see a family sitting around the dining room table enjoying a lovely feast and one by one telling everyone what they are thankful for. Let’s just pretend, for a moment, that I’m sitting at your table and it’s my turn to share what I am thankful for.

I am thankful to be a part of a family that loves and supports each other through all that life brings. I am thankful for the laughter and smiles of my two little nephews and for the blessing of my soon-to-be third nephew. I am thankful for a husband that loves me and a man that I adore. I am thankful for new opportunities on the horizon. I am thankful for the quiet time of reflection and prayer I’ve had this past year. I am thankful for the beauty of the ocean and mountains that surround me and for the opportunity to see even more of the beautiful world that God has created. There is just so much to be thankful for and I could go on and on, but I know that if I were at your table, you’d be nudging me in the side to wrap it up and let others have a turn. So, now it’s your turn. What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Without question I am thankful for all three of my boys! An amazing husband who also works hard to be an amazing dad and two little boys who make me laugh and fill our home with love each day. And for a close family, the highlight of my Thanksgiving weekend was being in mom and dad's office with our brothers and being on the webcam with you-it made me even more excited to have you home and have our whole family together! I love you And.

benjanzen said...

Not to be redundant, but I am also thankful for my awesome family (two boys, one boisterous one not, and a fantastic wife)! I am thankful for extended family and friends. For people who see potential and are willing to go out of their way to encourage it. For creativity and challenge. For the privilege and responsibility of being one of the wealthiest 1% in the world (even when I'm unemployed). For laughter and tears and being able to share it. And a God who loves me.

Post a Comment