Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 74 - October 27, 2009

There are two kinds of people. There are those who dive right into a pool and those who creep in inch by inch. I’m a creeper. There are those who rip the Band-Aid off in one swift move and those who take their time, pulling hair by hair. I’m a ripper, especially when it comes to ripping off someone else’s Band-Aid, which Greg painfully learned a few weeks ago. There are those who wake up and immediately begin to tackle their to-do list and those who procrastinate for days, watching their list get longer and longer. Normally, I’m a jump-right-into-it sort of gal but lately I’ve been procrastinating.

The dishes remain in the cupboard,

The clothes remain in the closet,

And the pictures remain hung on the walls.

I have been dreaming of going home to my family and friends for months. I have been counting down the days in anticipation of the day we would get in the car and drive, knowing our destination was home. But in the last 10 months, this tiny apartment has been our home. The streets we walk along in the evening and the swings on the beach where we sit and talk about our day; these are the places we’ve called home. So, as much as I am overjoyed to see our families again, I am sad to leave this place.

There are those who welcome change with open arms and those who resist it (if only for a moment) even when the change is so so sweet! Can you guess which one I am?

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hmm do you think it runs in the family?? I can't wait to have you home though!

Post a Comment