Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 57 - October 10, 2009

Guess what day it is today? I’ll give you three guesses.

1. My anniversary?

Nope. As much as I love the fall and think fall weddings are gorgeous, I’m a summer wedding kind of gal so we won’t be celebrating our anniversary until June.

2. Thanksgiving?

Well, sort of. It is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada but Thanksgiving Day isn’t technically until Monday.

3. My dog’s birthday?

Heck no! I don’t have a dog and if I did (which will never happen…sorry, future children), I sure as heck would NOT celebrate his or her birthday with a big ole party. Nor would I refer to said dog as my son or daughter. Gag me! That is such a pet peeve of mine…but that’s another post entirely!

Have you guessed it yet?

If you guessed my husband’s birthday, you are correct! Sorry, no prizes this time but you all know how much I love free stuff so hopefully someday this blog will be home to some great giveaways for all of you fine followers!

Anyway, back to the real reason for this post. My wonderful husband was born 26 years ago today. He came into this world weighing a whopping 10 lbs, 10 oz! In case you’re wondering, this is one reason why we don’t yet have children. My poor little uterus just isn’t ready to house a Butterball turkey! How do I keep getting so off track? Focus, Andrea!

So, I’ve been planning Greg’s birthday cake since his birthday last year. I had it all figured out ages ago and was determined to make this year’s cake one that he, and everyone he knows, would be talking about for decades. Last week, I remembered that we left all our cake pans back in Canada when we moved here in December. Oops! I am not going to attempt the cake in a casserole dish, so I guess the birthday cake of the century is going to have to wait another year. I could do cupcakes but those just aren’t special enough since I make cupcakes every few weeks when we get hooked on “Ace of Cakes” or “Ultimate Cake Off.”

So, this year, I’m doing something different. Homemade ice cream sandwiches! There’s nothing quite like your favourite ice cream slapped between fresh baked cookies! I haven’t made one of these since I was a kid. I have no doubt in my mind that Greg will love them! He’s pretty easy to please when it comes to desserts…actually, make that all food!


Well, we’re off to San Diego to enjoy a day full of birthday fun!

Happy Birthday, Greg! I love you!

1 comments:

Javier said...

Excellent idea those Homemade ice cream sandwiches! Easy made and delicious!!!
A hug

Post a Comment