Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 109 - December 1, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday!

As I finished up some dishes at my mother-in-law's house today, I was reminded of a kitchen tip I learned a few years back and thought I must share. Raise your hand if you've ever made the mistake of microwaving leftover spaghetti or chili in a plastic container. We're all friends here, it's okay to raise your hand. Or maybe that tomato sauce you made a few months ago is still sitting in a container at the back of your fridge. Take a look at exhibit A.


Look familiar? Well, there is no need to throw away those stained plastic containers. Just place the container outside for several hours and let the sun do the dirty work. The rays of sun will bleach away those stains leaving your Tupperware looking sparkling new! I tried this a few summers ago and was so pleased at the results. I'm not sure how well it'll work in this Canadian winter, but give it a try. Oh, and you're welcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment