Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 144 - January 5, 2010

From Trash to Treasure!

"Hi, my name is Andrea and I'm a Craigslist-aholic."

Yes, I'll admit it. I'm addicted to Craiglist and Kijiji. It doesn't matter that we don't currently live in our home or that we have no place to store my finds for future use, I still look for online deals on a regular basis. I cannot pass up a good deal.

A few months ago, while we were still living in California, I was going about my daily searching on Kijiji when I found this dated ugly duckling.


I know it doesn't look like much. In fact, some may say it's hideous but I saw that this mirror had the potential to be transformed into a beautiful swan! And so, I called my father-in-law up in Canada and asked him if he would be so kind as to pick up my cheap find. Luckily, my father-in-law is also obsessed with a good deal so he immediately jumped in the car and drove 30 minutes to pick it up. Man, I've got great in-laws!

So anyway, I finally got around to the project I had dreamed about for countless days as I lay in the California sun. With a little bit of elbow grease to clean all the nooks and crannies and an inexpensive bottle of white spray paint, this mirror went from shabby to chic!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Micah saw this and said "Hey Opa hang the big mirror up Oma's house! An-day paint that!"

Tiffany said...

Aww, great job! It looks amazing! What a great eye you have! {grin}

Andrea said...

Awww, thanks Tiffany! I can't tell you how much it makes my day to read comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time to write!

Claire Watkins, ASID allied said...

Love this one!!

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

Wonderful!! I never see the potential in things!!

Tracy said...

i love this and could totally see the potential in the BEFORE.

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness! The white is perfect! Love this.

Anne said...

That's beautiful!

Julie said...

Love this! It reminds me of my recent thrift store find. I posted about mine here if you want to see it:

http://lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-whatchamacallit-after.html

Jessica Hills said...

I love mirrors like this! If you are interested, I would love you to post it on my Favorite Things Friday party! Your blog is very cool by the way.

Jenny Fowler said...

That is gorgeous!!! I want it on my wall. :)

Post a Comment