Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 152 - January 13, 2010

On the road again...

You’d think that I’d be getting better at goodbyes. They have been far too frequent in the past year. While the tears were fewer this time around, I’m not sure the ache in my heart will ever lessen. There were so many times today as we drove through 3 states and 1 province that I looked out the window and my heart just felt empty thinking about those we left back home. I couldn't stop the tears as we drove past familiar streets one last time. It took all I had in me not to take the exit that lead to my sister and nephews as we drove out of town this morning.

Despite these tearful moments, we had a wonderful day of driving. The roads were dry. The skies were clear. And we made it all the way to Fenton, MO (just outside of St. Louis). We're just about ready to crash for the night. We've got another long day of driving ahead of us tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment