Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 169 - January 30, 2010

Without encouragement from my father, this blog probably wouldn’t exist. You see, I’ve never really thought of myself as much of a writer. The last thing I ever thought I’d do, was write daily and post my thoughts online for all to read.

Last March, my parents came to visit us here in L.A. One evening, we were discussing what I should do with my life since I am not able to work in the States. My Dad suggested that I write. I listened to his advice and decided to give it a try but never expected to really enjoying writing. After all, English and creative writing classes were my least favourite subjects in school.

Shortly after our talk, I began writing a children’s book. I figured that children are forgiving so why not start there. Children won’t criticize my grammar or question content, flow, and character development. If a book has the ability to put a smile on a child’s face when they turn that last page, I consider it a winner! So, that’s where it all began.

Last summer, I created this blog and made a goal for myself that I would post at least one photograph every day. I purposely didn’t make my goal “write everyday” because I didn’t want to set myself up for failure if I later realized that my writing was just no good. I slowly began posting more than just pictures and each time I opened up on my blog, I would receive an email in my inbox from my father thanking me for sharing my thoughts and encouraging me to continue writing.

That is one of the many things I love about my Dad. His constant encouragement has always made me feel like I can do anything. He sees my areas of strength even before I recognize they exist and challenges me to discover those strengths. He loves with his whole heart, speaks kindly of everyone, and hugs like he means it.

Dad, thank you for your ongoing love and support. Happy Birthday! I love you!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness our parents where CUTE kids! I hope your birthday was fantastic Dad, I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Andrea for posting these. Even though we're born on the same day, all the good looks went to Pete. Love ya Pete. Sistra (Aunt Kathy)

Shannon (Coupon Mommy Of 2 ... Now 3) said...

What a beautiful picture.

http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/
lots of cloth diaper giveaways

Post a Comment