Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 171 - February 1, 2010

February may be my favourite month of the year. Notice I said “may be.” I really can’t commit to declaring it my hands-down favourite month of the year because then April comes along with Easter and spring and I love it. But hold on, how could I not love July. It means warm summer days and celebrating the birthdays of 2 of my nephews. And then December rolls around and I can’t get enough of the Christmas carols and softly falling snow. But for today, let’s forget about all of that. February is my favourite month of the year!

It may be because February is home to Valentine’s Day and also the month of my birthday. From February 1st through the 14th, I remember all the amazing Valentine’s Day’s I have shared with Greg and anticipate what he might have up his sleeve this year. Then for the remainder of the month, I think about what a special day we shared together and admire the beautiful bouquet of flowers on the dining room table. No pressure, Greg!

I think the reason I like February so much is because I just LOVE love! I love the way it makes me feel! Call me a hopeless romantic, but I just can’t get enough of it. In the month of February, I believe fairytales do come true and that our happily ever after is just around the corner. Some of you are probably thinking, “Get real!” But I think that we are all entitled to believe whatever we want, however unrealistic it may be, at least one month out of the year. So, excuse me while I put on my rose coloured glasses, sing Elvis Presley’s, Can’t Help Falling In Love, and daydream about heart-shaped candies and a few dozen red roses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment