Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 181 - February 11, 2010

It’s my birthday and I’ll blog if I want to…

Have you ever tried one of those “Guess your age” carnival games? You know, the one where the game operator must guess your age within 2 years or you win a prize? I haven’t, but I’m beginning to think I should.

In my early twenties, I was told that I didn’t look a day over 16. Not what you want to hear when you enter adulthood. Last March, I attended a taping of “Jeopardy” and as I handed my ticket to the concierge, he did a double take and asked, “Are you over 18?” I am still asked to show my ID each and every time I buy a bottle of wine. When guessing my age, I find that people are usually off by about 5 or 6 years. I guess it’s really not so bad. On the bright side, when I hit 30 or 40, I’ll be thrilled to be mistaken for a real youngin’, fresh out of university!

I’m looking forward to a relaxing afternoon in the California sunshine, a dinner out with my husband and mother (who travelled all the way from Canada to be with me on my birthday), and a dessert that I’ve heard is just to-die-for!

2 comments:

benjanzen said...

Happppy BIrthdddday Andddrea!
I hope you had an amazing day!

David said...

Happy Birthday And! I know we all wish we could be there celebrating with you!

Post a Comment