Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 186 - February 16, 2010

As I stand in the kitchen waiting to flip another fluffy pancake, I know I am not alone. It is Pancake Tuesday, after all. Today, may be better known to some of you as Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, or Mardi Gras but in this household, we like to call it pancake Tuesday and as the name suggests, enjoy pancakes for dinner!

I just love Pancake Tuesday and it’s not just because of those delicious pancakes. This day is a reminder that spring is just around the corner. It marks the beginning of the season of Lent and prompts us to begin reflecting on the Easter story and what Jesus’ death and resurrection means for each of us.

Tonight, I’ve decided to spice up the holiday a little bit by making Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (click for recipe) with an icing drizzle instead of our usual crepes. I found the recipe on Tasty Kitchen. If you haven’t heard of or seen this site, you must check it out. There are some incredible recipes and meal ideas on there that you must try.

The Cinnamon Bun Pancakes were a success and so simple to make. Don’t wait until next year to make them. I think Pancake Wednesday sounds just as good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment