Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 195 - February 25, 2010

Remember that post on improvising? Well, this morning was another one of those moments where I was forced to think quickly. It’s a big day for Greg and I wanted him to look great so when he put on his new dress shirt and stepped out of the closet with deep crease lines across his chest, I knew something had to be done. We have a beautiful iron (yes, irons can be beautiful just like washing machines and refrigerators) packed away in a basement in Canada, but no iron here in California. Hmmmm, I thought. If some people use irons to straighten their hair, why not use a flat iron to iron clothes? It’s quite brilliant, if you ask me. So I plugged in the old flat iron (which doesn’t get much use these days as I spend most of my time on the couch in front of the computer or in the gym) and went to work.

The fold lines disappeared with very little effort and my husband was quite impressed with my ingenuity.

So what is so big about this day for my hubby? Well, today he has the honour and privilege of being one of few people to go to the Disney vault! If your mind works anything like mine, you’re probably picturing that silver vault with Mickey Mouse’s head on it. You know, the one you see on the commercials; the one that houses all the old Disney movies. I have no clue what’s really in this vault and I probably wouldn’t be able to share it even if I did since only Disney employees and the occasional extremely wealthy celebrity are ever allowed in. There are even strict rules about this place like no revealing the address of the facility to anyone and no photos of the exterior or interior of the building. When I heard this, I imagined Greg being searched, blindfolded, and shoved into a cargo van so that he would never know the top-secret location. Pretty intense, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment