Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 200 - March 2, 2010

It happens every time. The producers edit the show and make you fall in love with one of the final two women and then The Bachelor ultimately chooses the other girl leaving hundreds of thousands of women around the world (or maybe just North America) screaming at their TV sets yelling, “What’s wrong with you, Jake?” or “You two will never last.” or “You know you’re going to regret your decision.” I’m a reality TV junkie and no matter how many times my husband tells me not to get involved in another reality show, I just cannot tear myself away.

I came across a quote the other day that I want to share.

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more." -- E. Jong

As I re-read the quote this morning, I realized that perhaps I shouldn’t be jumping on the “Bash the Bachelor” bandwagon. After all, he did take a risk in choosing Vienna. “And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."

1 comments:

Post a Comment