Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 209 - March 11, 2010

For the last week, I’ve been spending most of my days planning and preparing for a very special visit from some very special people. Even though they don’t arrive for about 6 weeks, I cannot get my mind off of them and spend countless hours imagining what it will be like to have our little place filled with some pretty adorable little faces. Who are these visitors you might ask? Well, they would be my sister, brother-in-law, and two scrumptious nephews. I cannot tell you how excited I am that they are flying across the country to spend a week with us.

As I look around our tiny space, I wonder how I can make our home inviting for little ones. With a glass dining table and a leather couch and chairs (all of which we picked up on Craigslist for a steal, by the way), it’s probably not the most kid friendly space. So I’ve been searching online for kids furniture and toys that will make our wee guests feel at home.

Earlier this week, I picked up a pair of water wings for Micah to use in the pool and at the beach. I showed him my find on webcam last night and he jumped around in a circle yelling, “Water wings! Water wings! Water wings!” over and over again. The boy could not be more excited to visit California. My sister says he talks about it all day and to absolutely anyone who will listen. It’s going to be a long 6 weeks for both of us. But when they finally arrive, be prepared for a photo overload on here. I’ll have almost 4 months of catching up to do. I cannot wait to kiss these sweet faces again soon!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

We can't wait to be there!!!
When we told Micah that Mom and Dad were going to visit Matt and that they had to take a plane to get there he said "Yeah like we take plane go to California!" He is SO excited!

Post a Comment