Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 213 - March 15, 2010

Some people dread grocery shopping, but I take after my mother....I love it! I love looking through the grocery flyers in search of the best deal, making a list, gathering up my coupons, and heading out to the nearest store. I love that the grocery stores here have disinfecting wipes for shoppers to clean the shopping cart handles. So great! I love the smell of fresh baked bread that greets me when I walk through the sliding glass doors. I love the friendly cashiers that always ask me what's for dinner and where they can find the recipe (seriously, it happens every time I go to Ralph's)!

But one of the things I love most is the reduced rack at the back of the store. Yes, I'm my mother's daughter. You never know what you'll find. Sure, the baked goods may expire in the next day or two, but we all know they don't last longer than that when you get them home. In the past few months, I've scored a freshly baked red velvet cake for $2.00 (and the expiry date was days away), large loaves of garlic bread for $0.50-$1.00, bags of decadent Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips for less than $1.00, a baked pumpkin pie for $2.00, and fresh multi-grain breads for about $1.25.

On Friday, my hubby and I walked to the grocery store to pick up some ice cream for our Lost marathon (we're on Season 6 now, by the way). I went straight for the reduced rack and what did I find, but an adorable pair of chocolate brown and pink polka dotted pj's for only $3.99!!


I love a polka dotted print more than any print in the world!! How pajamas found there way into this grocery store's discounted section, I have no clue, but I'm sure happy they did. They are much thicker and a much better quality fabric than any of my $15+ La Senza pj bottoms. I could live in these things...and I just might!

0 comments:

Post a Comment