Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 223 - March 25, 2010

Sumdex Xposure II DSLR Camera Sling Review

As I alluded to in Tuesday’s post, late last week, Mr. UPS brought me something fabulous; thanks to the wonderful people at CSN Stores!

With 2 DSLR cameras, 3 professional lenses, and several other camera accessories, we needed a camera bag that would not only house our equipment but also be small enough to take with us to Disneyland and on other great adventures. We have a huge camera bag (I’m talking at least half the size of me, no joke), which we actually left back home in Canada because, well, it’s big, it’s bulky, and while it houses all of our equipment, it’s completely impractical to take anywhere. So, we’ve been in the market for a new and completely practical camera bag since January. I was thrilled when I saw the Sumdex Xposure II DSLR Camera Sling while browsing the CSN Store website a few weeks back. Here he is!

Welcome home, friend!


Since our friend was new to the area, we decided to take him hiking up in Griffith Park to see what all visitors want to see, The Hollywood Sign, and also to see whether or not he’d charm his way into our hearts by the time we reached the top of the mountain.


Just how much can this little beauty hold? Well, I was able to fit a DSLR camera with the lens attached, a flash, 2 battery chargers, a card reader, an extra lens, a flash diffuser, as well as extra batteries and camera cards. The removable Velcro dividers made it easy to adjust the compartments to fit nearly every piece of equipment we owned. At one point, we even had both of our cameras with lenses in the bag.

The bag is well padded and very comfortable to wear. No cameras or lenses digging into your back with this bag. And the sling is easily adjustable to fit all sizes.

But the thing I loved most of all was the easy access to the camera. Having the opening on the side of the bag is brilliant! I could easily take the camera in and out of the bag without having to ask my hubby to remove it from his back each time the way we had to with our old bag. And I never had to worry about any of the other equipment falling out when I did so. Honestly, why didn’t someone think of that before?

The only thing I think this bag lacked was a water bottle holder. I wish they had added a little mesh pocket on the one side to hold a bottle of water. The bag is constructed of water repellent polyester so I wouldn’t be worried about ruining the equipment inside. This would have been so handy on our hike and would be perfect for day trips to amusement parks or even on location at an all day wedding shoot where you don’t have the time to run and grab a drink.

We are thrilled with our new friend and look forward to a lifetime of happiness together!


To learn more about the Xposure II DSLR Camera Sling or to purchase one for yourself, visit: http://www.csnstores.com/Sumdex-POC-484BK-WZ1380.html


Disclosure: The Xposure II DSLR Camera Sling was provided to me at no cost, for review purposes, thanks to CSN Stores. All experiences and opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own and have not been influenced in any other way.

5 comments:

This Photographer's Life said...

How did you get that gig? Cool you got a free bag and that you liked it so much!!!

Andrea said...

I was actually contacted by them awhile back. I just couldn't pass up such a great opportunity!

This Photographer's Life said...

Very Cool!!

Stephanie said...

I was showing Micah all your pictures and he said "I will go for a walk like that with Andrea when I get California. Maybe I will say "wait up, wait up Andrea", I can say Andrea now!"

Andrea said...

Awww! He is just the cutest thing in the world. I can't wait to hold him again and we'll definitely "go for a walk like that."

Post a Comment