Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 237 - April 8, 2010

Spring has sprung in our home.

From an Easter lily in full bloom...


...to little bitty basil sprouts.


I am always amazed this time of year. Isn't it incredible what can come of a tiny seed, some soil, water, and sunlight? Watching my little basil grow has become my new hobby. It's like a pet really. And probably the closest I'll ever come to having a pet. I may lose three quarters of my followers but I'll say it anyway, I am not a pet person! I don't mind that other people have pets and I'm no animal hater, but I'd just rather walk through this world without pet hair on my clothes. Anyway, back to my pet basil. It's no exaggeration that I check on my pal every hour to see if he's a little taller or needs a drink of water. I take better care of him these days than I do myself. I've barely left the couch all day, I forgot about lunch until after 2pm, and it was a miracle that I even got dressed (in sweats, mind you) before noon. I am just happy that I have something to keep my mind busy as I anxiously await the arrival of my brother, sister, and nephews in under two weeks!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aww, I love your little basil plant. Maybe if it keeps growing we can have this: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/grilled-bruschetta-chicken-106416.aspx when we come, it's really delicious!

Andrea said...

Yum!! That looks delish! I'll nurture my little basil buddy like crazy so he's big and strong by the time you get here.

Post a Comment