Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 241 - April 12, 2010

I had a long conversation with my 2-1/2 year old nephew this morning over webcam. We talked about what he had for lunch, what we’re going to do when he gets to California, who we’re going to see at Disneyland, and even shared a very special secret which technically only remained a secret for about 7 minutes before he shared it with his mom and little brother.

At one point during our conversation, Micah was playing with Play-Doh. “Look at this,” he said as he held up 2 pieces that had been formed into rectangular blocks. Then he held up a dried up piece of Play-Doh that hadn’t yet taken shape. Earlier he had watched his Mom attempt to mold the crusty dough into a block. “Mommy can’t do it,” he said, “Daddy can do it, but Mommy can’t. Daddy’s good at doing Play-Doh.” Here is the conversation that followed.

Andrea: What’s the best thing Daddy does for you?

Micah: My daddy can do tricks.

Andrea: Wow! Your daddy can do tricks? What kind of tricks?

Micah responded with some gibberish and amusing facial expressions.

Andrea: And what’s the best thing Mommy does for you?

Micah: Mommy cleans up.

It was at this moment that my sister walked back into the room and we just howled! Out of the mouths of babes. Luckily for my sister, Micah knows his way around a broom and a dustbuster!

Aside: I just spent the last 2 hours searching for a photo of Micah sweeping the kitchen floor to prove he really does like to clean. I am convinced he must have deleted it from my computer. This photo will have to do.

1 comments:

burlap+blue said...

Aren't kids the funniest? I am glad you are recording these little treasures!!

Hope things have been well...I restarted burlap+blue blog (the original disappeared and it took me a couple of months to realize it wasn't coming back!)...please visit and refollow--would love to see you again!

Post a Comment