Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 311 - June 21, 2010

Knock, knock, knock…

Me: Well hello there Summer. Welcome back. Has it really been a year already? Well, don’t just stand there, come on in and stay a few months.

The other day, I was walking out of Target and heard a woman exclaim, “Whoa, it’s HOT out here!” This weekend, as my husband and I sat outside at the pool, I remarked, “Oh my goodness, it’s HOT out here!” A few minutes later, Greg replied, “Wow, it’s HOT out here!”

I’ve come to realize that when you live in Southern California, “it’s hot out here” is a phrase you hear or say nearly every day of the year. The weather is gorgeous 99% of the time and yet everyone, including myself, walks outside and acts like there are surprised to be greeted by such a beautiful sunshine-y day. I check the weather network every morning and although everyday looks like the last, I still find myself thinking, “I can’t believe how hot it’s going to get this afternoon.”

Summer is officially here, even though here in sunny California it has felt like summer since March. For many, the start of summer means it’s time to hit the beach. For me, summer means hoping on a plane back home to my family and friends.

Summer means catching up on missed cuddles.

Summer means jumping in puddles at the splash park.

Summer means celebrating the wedding of two friends.

Summer means sharing a Popsicle with someone you love.

Summer means celebrating some very special birthdays.


I can’t wait to see what else this summer has in store for me.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

We CANNOT wait to have you home in a few days!!! We miss you and can't wait to have fun with you this summer!

Post a Comment