Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 325 - July 5, 2010

The tradition of trying on your wedding gown on your anniversary began a few generations back with this beautiful woman...my grandmother.


The tradition was then carried on by her beautiful daughter...my mother.


And after 4 children, when her wedding dress began to feel a little snug, my mother passed the tradition on to my sister and me.


Every year on her wedding anniversary, my mother would dig deep into her closet and pull out her wedding gown. I remember anticipating that day each May. I would put on her dress and feel just beautiful. I would have lived in that gown if my mother would have let me.

I am definitely one of those girls who dreamed about her wedding day since she was 5-years-old. And while I dreamed about my wedding day, I also dreamed about the day that I would dig my own wedding dress out of the closet on my anniversary and carry on the precious tradition my grandma began so many years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment