Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 365 - August 14, 2010


Do you realize what today is? It's Day 365!! Can you believe I made it through an entire year of blogging? I can hardly believe a whole year has passed and, may I be so bold as to say, I'm proud of myself for writing and posting at least one photo a day for a year.

It only occurred to me a few weeks ago that it would have made much more sense to begin a 365 day blog on January 1st instead of the randomly chosen date of August 15th. Oops! But, on second thought, it is my experience that New Year's resolutions are often broken so maybe August 15th was the perfect date after all.

Blogging has opened my eyes to a whole new world I didn't know existed. I am incredibly thankful for the opportunities blogging has brought me (one of which I'll be sharing in a few days). I am thankful for the amazing blogs I have found and the women (and men) who pour their hearts into writing each post. I am thankful for the friendships and connections I have made along the way. I am just plain thankful!

So where do I go from here? It would be very easy to drop this blog like a bad habit, and believe me, I've considered it throughout the year, but I've come to the realization that I love blogging. I love sharing everything from what I did last weekend to my conversation with the UPS guy. I also know that some people won't care to read about how high my basil plant has grown in the past 6 weeks and that's perfectly fine with me. I began this blog as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends back home in Canada and if nothing else, this blog is for them. So, my plan is to continue to write and post photos regularly, although I will not let myself feel guilty for not posting when life gets busy, when I have writer's block or when I just plain don't feel like it.

To everyone who took the time to join me on this 365 day journey (and even to all of you who jumped in along the way), thank you for reading my words, enjoying my pictures, and leaving sweet comments that made me smile. I hope you enjoyed 365 days of life behind the lens!

5 comments:

Amber said...

So awesome! Kudos to you on finishing! :)

This 365 photo project is on my list, so I think I'll start when I bring in the new year!

myfingerscrossed said...

Congratulations Andrea! And keep on blogging! :)

Melissa said...

Congrats Andrea! That is a major accomplishment! I have not missed a day and enjoyed them all. Thanks for sharing and I'm happy to hear you'll continue (and that you wont feel guilty about missing!).

Here's to day 366!!

Mel

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you decided to keep going! I would miss your posts so much. I can't wait to see what this year brings!

Jet said...

Oh,your blog is very nice .I really like it ^^!



..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥.
♥..♥  ╔══╦══╗╔╦══╗  ♥..♥
♥..♥  ╚═╗║╔╗║║║╔╗║  ♥..♥
♥..♥  ╔═╝║║║║║║║║║  ♥..♥
♥..♥  ║╔═╣║║║║║║║║  ♥..♥
♥..♥  ║╚═╣╚╝║║║╚╝║  ♥..♥
♥..♥  ╚══╩══╝╚╩══╝  ♥..♥
♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥


----------------------------------
Welcome to my websites : In there where have a lot of wallpapers, themes for desktop , for mobile and themes for media ^^!
http://9wallpapers.blogspot.com
http://theme4desktop.blogspot.com
http://theme4cellphone.blogspot.com
http://theme4media.blogspot.com
http://wallpaper4cellphone.blogspot.com

Post a Comment