Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 391 - September 9, 2010

I'm a little obsessed when it comes to freebies. I follow a lot of frugal bloggers that link up each and every free sample for shampoo, conditioner, face cream, body wash, and the list goes on. I have a hard time passing up the opportunity to receive new products in the mail. So as you an imagine, my bathroom cabinet is filled with samples. I recently decided it was time to start putting these samples to use in any way that I could.

Aside from making great body wash and shaving cream, I've learned that shampoo samples are perfect for cleaning sinks, bathtubs, and make-up brushes. My make-up brushes haven't been this soft or clean since I first bought them! Bring on the samples!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Haha! I am the same way! I love freebie blogs. I'd love to hear your favs!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you back. Glad you like freebies! I love your idea for using them to clean makeup brushes. Definitely going to try that. I try to keep those shampoo samples on hand for guests or unexpected trips. I hope you'll come back for my weekly freebie friday posts.

Take Care =)

~ Tiffany

Self Sagacity said...

Hi, I have sign up for a couple of freebies, and wish there were more...I am a new follower on your blog from Fun Follow Friday. I would also like to introduce you to my blog: http://www.selfsagacity.com, love for you to stop by and follow back. Thanks for your support. 

Melanie said...

Not that we would want to give stuff away, but I know alot of people who take quart size bags of freebies and make little care packages for homeless. The often add a granola bar and toothbrush. Then just hand it to them. I love the idea.

Followed you from Friday Follow! Beautiful photography. Love the one of your little guys chubby legs in the swing. Might have to do that one myself!

Andrea said...

What a great idea, Melanie! Now that's a much better use for those products. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment