Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 412 - September 30, 2010

With everything that's been going on around here lately, it's time for a catch up post.

Earlier this month, I mentioned big changes and big decisions and I am thankful to say that most of those big decisions have been made. After receiving 4 job offers (he really is that talented), my husband, Greg, took an offer to work for Sony Pictures Imageworks. I'll try to tell you more about that project when I can, but for now our focus is on Disney's Tangled. This movie is going to be incredible. I can't wait to see it! There will be many more Tangled posts to come I'm sure. I am so proud of my husband for his dedication to this movie and cannot wait to walk the red carpet with him at the premiere in a few weeks. Stay tuned for that post as well.

With Greg's time at Disney Animation quickly coming to an end, Disney is pulling out the big guns to make their employees (and their employees wives) happy. Tuesday night, they brought in caterers that served up fresh lobster flown in from Boston. According to the caterer, those lobsters go for $100 a pop! And my husband, being the nervous seafood eater that he is, refused to try it. On the plus side, he brought a huge lobster dinner home for me. I guess I can't say he never makes dinner.

Speaking of good food, I'm sure there are about 3 of you out there wondering what ever happened to the little sweet basil garden I planted back in April. Well, I had about 6 strong stalks growing at the beginning of the summer, but when I took off for Canada for over a month, my husband managed to kill all of them. I worked so hard at reviving one tiny withered plant and am happy to say that with a lot of love and sunshine, my single stalk is thriving. Reminds me of Jack and the Beanstalk. It smells delicious and I look forward to homemade fresh pesto in the near future. After seeing my success with the basil, my hubby now questions why I haven't started growing all of our food.


It rained yesterday for the first time since March (maybe early April). Well, I guess you can't really call it rain when it lightly sprinkles for no more than 5 minutes. The thunder and lighting had us all thinking we were in for a downpour, but no such luck. It sprinkled just enough to give the air that first Spring rain smell. It reminded me of home and it was glorious!

So, we're beginning our long trek across the country this weekend. We'll make it home in time to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with our family. We're praying for safety, dry roads, and that our car can handle another 3000 mile trip. I'll try to update you as I can. If my hubby has his way, we'll be stopping at every CiCi's Pizza Buffet along the way. Luckily, they have free Wi-Fi so while he gets his fill of pizza, I'll be emailing family to let them know where we are.

Oops! I accidentally let the cat out of the bag early last night. If you subscribe to my feed, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, tune in tomorrow to find out! You won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment