Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 430 - October 18, 2010

It's not every day we get dressed up and go out on the town. In fact, I spend most of my days at home in pjs, sweats, or a simple sundress. So when this beautiful invitation came our way, I knew we needed to pull out the big guns and dress to impress.


So, the day before the big movie premiere (yes, we waited until the last minute), we headed out in search of the perfect attire. After much searching, I was thrilled to find a super short, super tight, and super sexy (according to hubby) black satin dress for only $30.99!! I decided that for one night, I would embrace every curve, show more leg than I'm usually comfortable with, and just be confident! I truly felt like a million bucks! As for my hubby, we found him a sharp looking suit for 75% off and boy, did he look handsome! I was so proud to be on his arm all night long.


So, what was all this fuss about? On Saturday night, we had the privilege of attending the premiere of Disney's Tangled in Hollywood's famous El Capitan Theatre. (Let me pause for a moment here to say, guess who was sitting across the aisle from us? Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi!! I had a total celebrity freak out moment inside, but was able to keep it cool on the outside so as not to embarrass my hubby in front of his colleagues.) Anyway, back to Tangled. The lighting, the cinematography, the special effects, the music, and the animation all came together to create the most beautiful animated film I have ever seen. Not only was it visually stunning, but the story was full of humour, action, and romance. Incredible is the only word I have to describe this movie and I can't wait for the world to see it!


We were at the premiere and wrap party to not only see Disney's 50th Animated Feature, but also to celebrate the incredibly talented and hard working crew that spent the last 2 years making Disney history. I felt so honoured to attend this celebration and so extremely proud of my husband for his dedication to this film over the last 9 months. It will never get old seeing my husband's name up on the big screen.

Greg, you are more talented than you would ever give yourself credit for. You helped create a film that will stand along side Disney's greatest works. I can't wait to see else God has in store for you. I am so thankful to be able to share this amazing journey with you. I love you, babe!

9 comments:

Joanna @ FeedingThePrices (joanna.price(at)live(dot)com) said...

You look great! Congrats on the premiere!

Jen said...

How exciting! You guys look awesome!!

mattpaetkau said...

I can't wait to see it! Glad you guys had an amazing premiere!

Giveaways for Mom said...

Following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Hope you'll visit me at www.giveawaysformom.com!

Evelyn M Leon said...

How fun, and what great bargains you both got. Congrats on Tangled.

Evelyn
http://adventureofsuperspice.com

Jules said...

Exciting! It looks like you had a lovely evening! I'm so happy I stopped by from FMBT. I'm a new follower now! I'd love to have you swing by Ad Bits if you like!
~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

The Teacher's Pets said...

To be invited to a movie premier makes me think you are a highly successful photographer in L.A. (I'm just guessing b/c I did not see any info about you in your "view my profile" section)...so am I right? To be able to wear a sundress in the typically chilly fall I have to guess that you must be out west! I live in New Hampshire where it is cold and starting to get dark out by 6pm! Lucky you!
I am following you via the FOLLOW ME BACK TUESDAY and I hope you will visit my blog at http://theteacherspets.blogspot.com!

Mary said...

New follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Would love you to stop by and follow me back at To Spend Or Save. http://tospendorsave.blogspot.com

The Penny-Wise Mama said...

Love your photos and thanks for the follow! I'm following back :)

Marisa
http://thepennywisemama.blogspot.com

Post a Comment