Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 435 - October 23, 2010

Saturday Ramblings

My husband woke up this morning and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I have a feeling this is going to be a very unproductive day." With the way our days, weeks, and months have been lately, an unproductive day around the house sounds glorious! We have not a single plan this weekend, oh, except for maybe a leisurely stroll around the neighbour in the beautiful morning sunshine. Awww...this is the day we waited so long for.

Last night, we enjoyed a delicious authentic Italian meal with friends. The restaurant was this charming little place with a gorgeous old tin ceiling, a mixture of industrial looking light fixtures and beautiful crystal chandeliers, and they even had old black and white films projected on the walls. But the thing that really got us was when we went to use the restroom. Instead of playing "That's Amore" or some other Italian song, the woman in the speakers taught us how to speak Italian. Now, I don't know when I'll ever use, "Where's the back of the church?" or "Shoe shop" in Italian, but I did think it was a clever idea and secretly wish my bathroom at home would teach me Spanish so I could understand the 99 cent Only Store cashier at check stand #1.

What else? Well, we're suppose to be moving into our new apartment in less than a week and we still haven't heard back from Larry the leasing agent to let us know everything's a go. He assured us this morning that we would know by tonight if everything checked out fine. It seems that after a week of very little progress, Larry was finally able to send off all the necessary paperwork, so, while I'm not holding my breath, I guess things are looking up.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this picture of Dad & Noah and it's very appropriate for today because Noah learned how to say Opa clearly this afternoon!! It was adorable (if a little sad because we were at Bob & Linda's and he was saying it over and over and Bob was so pleased but when I would say "Where's Opa?" he would look around for Dad!), can't wait to have him show off his new trick at church tomorrow when he sees Opa!

Andrea said...

Awwww! First Uncle, then Opa. You've really got to work with him on Aunt Andrea. Hahaha! Congrats, No-ey baby!

My Baby's Green said...

Good luck with your move!
I found you on Tuesday Tag A long and now follow you publicly!
Great blog! Please chk mine out at www.mybabysgreenblog.com
Thanks!

Post a Comment