Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 444 - November 1, 2010


November 1st means one thing and one thing only in our house...1/2 price Halloween candy! It's a tradition my mother started when we got too old to go trick or treating ourselves. For Halloween night, she would buy 1 large box of chocolate bars to hand out to sweet little costumed kids. Then the following morning, my mother would head out to the nearest Zellers (the equivalent of Wal-Mart for all you unfamiliar American folk) and basically buy them out of their Halloween candy. We're a family that loves a great deal and there is nothing better this time of year than candy for 50% off.

So following in our mother's footsteps this morning, we set the alarm a little earlier than usual and headed to the nearest Wal-Mart. With delicious treats for less than 3 cents a piece, I'd say that we scored big time! Looks like we'll be enjoying Halloween treats into the New Year!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nicely done, the sales aren't quite that good around here this year but after heading to three stores with the boys in tow (one of whom kept asking "Is that on sale? Is that one on sale?") I caved and bought a bunch for just on ok price. Doing my best not to call Dave and ask if the Zellers he went to had some good deals...

David said...

I am a follower! I will appreciate if you follow me back!

Emma's Lunch said...

I love the concept of your blog.

I'm your newest follower. Please stop by Emma's Lunch when you get a chance.

michelle said...

I am a new Follower from Follow me Tuesday. Can’t wait to read more of your blog.


Please follow me back
http://mrsbendersandhaileyandtylersmommy.blogspot.com

Sami said...

I am a new follower from Follow Me back Tuesday..
I can not wait to read more of the blog

http://thelifeofawifenmommy.blogspot.com/
Please follow me back

Jacqui said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I'd love for you to follow me back at one or all four of my blogs :)

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Have a great week!

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Oh no! I forgot to buy my 1/2 price candy yesterday. I always stock up for the office candy bowl.

I'm a new follower from the FMBT blog hop. My hubby and I have a room by room tour of our house underway, cutie pups, and a newly organized gift wrapping stash. I hope you can stop by to visit and follow us too.

Have a great week! :)
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

2 Kids and a Coupon said...

Blog hopper here. I'm a new follower.

-Kim @ 2 Kids and a Coupon
2kidsandacoupon (at)gmail.com
www.2kidsandacoupon.com

Jacqueline said...

I came from FMBT, but found I was already a follower,if you aren't a follower, come follow me back!

Love that tradition. I did it once after Easter and threw it all in the freezer and we enjoyed it all summer. I am such a sucker for the mini candy bars though, I don't know if it would be safe with me!

Love your Disney photo. We did Disneyworld for Halloween and had a blast.

Post a Comment