Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 483 - December 10, 2010

The moment we found out I was pregnant, my husband and I both had an overwhelming feeling that our baby would be a girl. When we told our 3-year-old nephew, we were having a baby, he was convinced it was a girl as well (although he has since changed his tune and is now certain it's a boy). My parents have recently begun referring to our little one as their granddaughter. With all this talk about having a girl, I am now convinced that our 20 week ultrasound will reveal without a doubt that it's a boy! Of course, we will be nothing but thrilled whether it's a boy or a girl and are only praying our baby will be born healthy and strong, but I thought it would be fun to put some old wive's tales to the test before we find out.

It's a Boy!

1. Carrying low (I think, although I'm not that far along)
2. Experienced very little morning sickness
3. Carrying the extra weight out front (hoping it stays that way!)
4. Craving protein -- meats and cheese
5. Experiencing some headaches
6. Age at time of conception + number of month conceived = even number
7. Ring test swung back and forth
8. According to my Chinese age & lunar month, the Chinese Lunar Calendar says, It's a boy!


It's a Girl!

1. Heartbeat is over 140 beats per minute
2. Craving fruit -- clementines
3. Moodier than normal (Sorry, Greg.)
4. Acne (I did not have these little bumps on my forehead before)
5. Husband has put on weight during pregnancy
6. Age at conception and year at conception are both even numbers
7. Prefer resting on my right side
8. Urine is a dull yellow (too much information, I'm sorry)
9. Chinese Birth Chart Predictor says, It's a girl!

I guess that doesn't really tell us a whole lot does it? Lucky for us, we have a back-up plan. A few weeks after finding out we were expecting, I received the IntelliGender Gender Prediction Test in the mail (another great giveaway win). I'll take the test in the morning and reveal the results sometime tomorrow. Can't wait to see what we'll be calling our little one at least until the ultrasound.

6 comments:

Elly said...

Ooooo I'm excited too! I actually entered into a giveaway for that just yesterday! I'm eager to see if it works out for you. :)

Mrs. Marine said...

How exciting! I used a Chinese gender predictor chart when I was pregnant with both my kids, it was accurate!

Hi new follower from Fun Follow Friday! Have a great weekend!
www.mrs-marine.com

Suzanne said...

For some reason I keep thinking your having a girl, lol. It will be interesting to see what the predictor says!
And btw the craving protein (although I also craved fruit big time), having headaches, and experiencing little morning sickness were all true in my case for having a boy :)

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see what it says! And even more to compare it to what the ultrasound says, so fun!

Interesting to read your lists: with both boys I experienced 1-5 of your boys list (well except being very sick with Noah) and 1-4 & 7 of your girl's list...not sure what that says!

KingBirth said...

Congratulations! It doesn't really matter if it is a boy or a girl, I am sure you are experiencing the amazing pregnancy journey!

BTW, by looking at your picture, I guess it is a boy!

Blayne Beacham said...

You're pregnant? I am soooo happy for you!!!!!

Post a Comment