Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 486 - December 13, 2010

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and confused! Each week I receive emails from BabyCenter telling me how the baby is growing and what I can expect in the coming week. I look forward to these emails, especially when they compare the size of our baby to produce. A friend of mine finds that really odd, but I love thinking about our little sweet potato or our precious apple baby. At 18 weeks, the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long or about the length of a bell pepper. I was curious and went to the fridge to see just how big that was. I don't know who's bell peppers their measuring, but mine are only 4 inches. Another site told me the baby was the size of a cantaloupe, while another referred to the baby as the size of a pickle from the corner deli. A pickle (even a big one) and a cantaloupe seem like two very different sizes to me. I think I'll stick to using the measuring tape as my guide this week.

7 comments:

Queen Mom said...

I did the Babycenter thing 6 times...I loved the comparison to the fruits and veggies, too. Seems like it made it more real - how big the baby was. Following from Mommy Rantings...thanks for stopping by! Good luck on the giveaway!

jijie said...

Hello! Visiting here.

Happy Holidays!
newest follower ,pls. follow me back
:) Thank you.

Lindsey said...

Ahhh... I used to LOVE those emails! My daughter will be 7 months soon and is it weird that I miss comparing her to the sizes of produce? She is WAY bigger than a watermelon now! ;)
I'm your newest follower!
I'd love for you to visit my blog too!
http://notsoeasybeinggreen.blogspot.com

Shanee said...

I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Kimberley said...

Good morning! New follower here from Follow Me Back Tuesday. Love the blog, and love this post! lol @ a pickle from the corner deli comparison. Drop by and see me if you get the chance, thanks!

Kimberley
http://davisdailydose.blogspot.com/

Gen said...

A new follower from follow me back Tuesday. See you..Have a nice day.

Judy said...

I'm your latest follower from the Tuesday Blog Hops. I'd love if you would follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks.

Post a Comment