Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 491 - December 18, 2010

When we first found out we were expecting, we began discussing baby names. I have been mentioning names I liked for the last several years and most of the time my husband shot them down immediately either because of a bad experience with a kid in high school or some athlete or celebrity with the same name. So it came as a complete surprise to me when I mentioned a possible name for our little girl and he loved it. Falling instantly in love with this name may be the reason we considered our baby to be a girl for so many months. But, since taking that gender prediction test last weekend, we have completely convinced ourselves that our little itty bitty is a boy. It feels very natural to refer to my growing bump as our son, our sweet baby boy. If next week's ultrasound reveals what we have now come to expect, we really need to get on the same page when it comes to names because I have a feeling our son won't want to be referred to as our little itty bitty forever.

In an attempt to make a decision or get some new ideas at the very least, I thought we should consult the Baby Name Genie. I came across this baby naming tool a few years ago and thought it couldn't hurt to see what the genie had to say now. Here are the first 3 names the genie suggested:

1. Harley Rex -- NO WAY! My son is not a motorcycle or a dinosaur!
2. Jonathan Denzel -- How can you not think of Denzel Washington?
3. Noah Everett -- Definitely the sweetest of the bunch, but I think it would be a little confusing for my parents to have 2 grandchildren named Noah.

I guess it's back to the drawing board.

4 comments:

Elly said...

I'm not sure how much I trust your Baby Name Genie website. It suggested "Brock Lee" for our baby. Who in their right mind would name their child "Brock Lee?" The only benefit I can think of is that maybe, just maybe, they would eat their vegetables. ;)

Andrea said...

Hahaha! Too funny!

Stephanie said...

Yikes Elly that is a terrible one!

Oh how I love to dream about baby names, I can't wait to hear what I get to call my nephew in May!!

Bobbi said...

Cool name generator. I'm now following you from http://datssocute.blogspot.com. I found you on the blog hop. Hope you'll come by and check mine out. BJ

Post a Comment