Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 492 - December 19, 2010

Luke 1:30-33, 38

But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said."

4 comments:

Elly said...

Do you find yourself tearing up this year when you hear the Christmas story?? Carrying a child this time of year has given me such a new and amazing appreciation for Mary and what she endured... and the incredible miracle God gave us when Jesus was born. I find myself getting weepy every Sunday at church! And I know it's not just the hormones--I am truly overwhelmed more than ever by His Great Gift!

Andrea said...

I am with you completely. I have always wondered how Mary must have felt and whether I would ever have had the courage and unfailing trust she did. Carrying a child at Christmas time definitely gives me a new outlook on Mary's story.

jijie said...

Visiting you from@ Step It Up!

Happy Tuesday

:)

Luvin My Lil Monkeys said...

Hi I'm a new follower! I found your blog from
FMBT on Closer to Lucy's blog!
I'd love to have you follow me back at http://www.luvinmylilmonkeys.blogspot.com
Thanks so much!

Post a Comment