Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 519 - January 15, 2011

I told you earlier that I've been feeling itty bitty move more and more lately. (She's actually wiggling around in my belly as I type.) This past week, I started paying attention to when she's awake and when I assume she's sleeping. She usually says "hello" each morning just before noon, again around mid to late afternoon, and then in the evening before 10pm. Her little kicks have gotten stronger this week and I noticed the other day, when I put my hand on my belly, that I was able to feel her through my tummy. I couldn't wait to share this news with my hubby. It's easy for mothers to feel connected to the little one their carrying, but father's often have a different experience. I have always made sure to include Greg is every new experience. I want him to feel as connected to our daughter as I do and when he talks to her or says to me, "I just can't wait to meet her. I wish she was here with us now," or "I wish I could just hold her right now," I know how much he loves her already.

Last night, as we sat together on the couch catching up on the latest episode of Modern Family, I began to feel itty bitty move. I reached for Greg's hand and placed it on my belly and of course, she stopped moving. A minute later, she was kicking again and Greg reached back over. Again, she stopped. We patiently waited and encouraged her to let Daddy feel her wiggle and all of a sudden, she started kicking. It was just precious to see the smile come over my husband's face as he felt his daughter move for the first time. Itty bitty put on a show for Daddy and kicked up a storm. We were even able to see her kick through my belly! I can't wait to see and feel her move even more in the coming months!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

My favourite part of pregnancy without a doubt! I feel like the first time I felt Micah move was just yesterday, the memory is so vivid-it was an incredible connection to my sweet boy. It never got old to lie down in those weeks of early kicks and try to get them to kick Ben's hand, sometimes they were stubborn and it took a long time but it was always worth the wait!
I got to feel Dana's little boy kick the other day and made me fall in love with him in a whole new way, best feeling ever!

Annie Dee said...

awww! that's so sweet :) I love seeing my babies move in my belly! it's awesome.

Post a Comment