Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 538 - February 3, 2011

Growing up, I never imagined I would live in a place where palm trees lined the streets. A place where you look left and see snow capped mountains and then you look right and see a vast ocean stretching out before you. A place where, when you step outside, you can't help but smile each day as the warm sun beats down on your skin.

Growing up, I never imagined raising children in place that didn't see snow every winter. But here we are. As I look forward to the birth of our little girl, I am thankful that our family can hike through the mountains, play in the sand, swim in the ocean, and picnic in the valleys. And I am thankful for my 3 1/2 year old nephew who has agreed to call his baby cousin and teach her all about snow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment