Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 539 - February 4, 2011

We're an Apple family. When it comes to desktop computers, laptops, cell phones, portable music players, and other devices, we've always looked to Apple first. My brother even worked as an Apple representative at the university he attended a few years ago. And when it comes to teaching the next generation about Apple technology, we like to start them young. My 3 1/2 year old nephew, Micah, is a whiz on the computer. He knows exactly how to pull up his favourite Playhouse Disney games online and has been doing this since he was 2 years old.


And when it comes to the iPhone, he knows more than me. I'll try finding games or photos on my brother's iPhone and get so lost. All I need to do is hand the iPhone over to Micah and he'll get me exactly where I need to be. No joke.


So anyway, since I began blogging about a year and a half ago, I have discovered the wonderful world of blog giveaways. You've read my posts about cookbooks, small kitchen appliances, baby items, and many other amazing prizes I have won. But I think this win tops the list.

This morning, I opened my email and my jaw dropped! I couldn't believe my eyes.

I won an iPad!!

Yes, you read that right. A brand new 64 GB iPad! I immediately called my husband at work and we both just sat stunned. Every time I win something, I'm anxious to tell my hubby about it and he's always excited for me, but his congratulations usually follows with something like, "Why don't you win me an iPad or something?" Honestly, I have heard that question for months now. Well, honey, I did it! I won you (well, us) an iPad!

I am feeling so grateful today. With my birthday only a week away, I couldn't have asked for a better gift. I can't wait to get my hands on that iPad. Although, I'm thinking I may need to fly Micah down to teach me how to use it.

**Thank you so much to Mark for this generous giveaway!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! What an awesome prize! Congrats!

Ash said...

Dammit, I WANNA WIN AN iPAD!!! I'm so jealous. I love apple too. Sadly, the only thing I own that's apple is my iphone and my ipod. yuck. I want an IPAD!!! Congratulations.

Blogging ExtraLite said...

Congrats what an awesome present!!!! Happy early birthday!!!

Whitehead's Monthly Menu said...

What an awesome WIN!!

new follower from blog hop!

http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com/

http://whiteheadsmonthlymenu.blogspot.com

Post a Comment