Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 552 - February 17, 2011

Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel 18" x 10" Double Burner Griddle Review


I've been a huge fan of Rachael Ray's cookware products since I first got my hands on several of them as wedding gifts a few years ago. So when CSN Stores offered me another opportunity to review a product from one of their 200+ stores, I jumped at the chance to own another great piece of cookware that I knew wouldn't disappoint.


The Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel 18" x 10" Double Burner Griddle is the perfect addition to any kitchen. It is such a versatile product that can be used to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For breakfast, cook up pancakes on one side and eggs or bacon on the other. And how about grilled cheese for lunch and turkey burgers for dinner? Sounds yummy doesn't it?

I decided to try out the griddle for the first time by making homemade Turkey, Apple and Cheese Burgers, an absolute favourite in our house. Since moving into our new place several months ago, we have been without a BBQ. This has meant cooking everything from burgers to chicken in a frying pan over the stove. Well, not any longer. The double burner griddle heats evenly, unlike my frying pan, and can cook 6-8 burgers at a time, as oppose to the 1-2 I was cooking in that same frying pan.


One of the things I love most about this griddle is that it spans two gas burners which means I can easily control the heat on each side of the griddle. I was able to cook my burgers through on one side and toast my whole-wheat buns on the other.


The non-stick interior makes clean up so easy! No more sending my hubby outside to scrub the BBQ grill clean after dinner. Just a little soap and water and any grease and leftover food comes right off! I know I'm sounding like a commercial right now, but I'm seriously in love with this product.

I suppose if I had to come up with one downfall, it would be that it's not recommended that you put the griddle in the dishwasher, which for some busy moms would be a problem, but because it cleans so easily with no scrubbing at all, I just can't complain.

I would definitely recommend the Rachael Ray Double Burner Griddle and it's also hubby approved! I look forward to making Mickey Mouse-shaped pancakes on this griddle for our itty bitty for years to come!


To learn more about the Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel 18" x 10" Double Burner Griddle or to purchase one for yourself (on sale) for only $49.95, please visit: http://www.cookware.com/Rachael-Ray-19643-RRY1148.html

Disclosure: The Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel 18" x 10" Double Burner Griddle was provided to me at no cost, for review purposes, thanks to CSN Stores. All experiences and opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own and have not been influenced in any other way.

2 comments:

Javier said...

That griddle sounds as a very good choice and you seems to be a great cook as well! Those hamburguers look delicious!
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Yours,
Javier

Jan at Jewelry4Change said...

Every time I see the chefs on Food Network use these double burner grills I consider getting one. Now might be a good time, since it's on sale. Thanks!

Post a Comment