Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 556 - February 21, 2011

I'm 28 weeks today and preparations for itty are in full swing. We went looking at cribs today and think we finally made a decision on the perfect crib for our little girl (and all the other little munchkins that it will cradle someday).

For years now, I've been in search of the perfect bedtime story. That story that we'll read to our children each night before saying their prayers and tucking them into bed. For some, it's "Goodnight Moon" or "Love You Forever." But for our family, it's going to be "God Gave Us You." I've had my eye on this book for a while and it finally arrived this afternoon. I couldn't get through more than a few pages before the tears began to fall.

"Every night, I prayed for you, my special child. I prayed that your bones would be straight and your heart would be strong. But most of all, I prayed that someday you would love God."

"Your [daddy] and I wouldn't trade you for the world." "Why?" Little Cub asked. "Why? Because God gave us you."

Are you crying yet? Maybe someday I'll take the time to blog about why it seems that the words in this book were written just for us, but for today I'm just so thankful that God gave us our little itty bitty.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is so sweet! Itty Bitty is very blessed to have such caring and thoughtful parents, I'm sure she will love hearing you read it to her.

Post a Comment