Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 557 - February 22, 2011

I'm heading home tomorrow which means that today will be spent making sure my husband has everything he needs to survive 2 weeks without me. The laundry is done. The bathroom and kitchen are clean. And between the large quantities of egg salad, fireside turkey chili, pad thai, black bean soup, enchilada lasagna, and bran chocolate chip muffins I made and refrigerated or froze in the last week, along with a ton of fresh fruits and veggies, I don't think he'll go hungry. In fact, he could probably eat well for about a month.

The past two summers, I headed home on my own for friend's weddings, to spend time with family, and to celebrate 2 of my nephew's birthdays. I was gone anywhere from 5-6 weeks and since my hubby and I always video chatted every night, the distance didn't seem so great. I'm not sure exactly what it is this time, (I have a funny feeling it has to do with itty) but 2 weeks seems like a lifetime away from Greg. I know she's still inside, but I hate to take his little girl away from him. I don't want him missing out on the fun we'll have back home and celebrating itty's precious life at a few baby showers. When I return, itty will be an inch longer and 3/4 of a pound heavier and I'm sure my belly will be noticeably larger. This pregnancy has brought us even closer together than I ever thought possible.

I know I'm going to miss Greg, but I also know I have 2 sweet little boys who will be waiting with open arms and cheeks to kiss when I get home tomorrow night.

1 comments:

Ash said...

You're such a great wife. I would've just left my husband to fend for himself. I'd rather get it done first though like laundry and having the bathroom and kitchen cleaned, even if it won't be cleaned when you get back, it'll be nice to come home to a semi-clean house. You know, guys will be guys, it won't stay the same! lol. Man, and you worried about him NOT going hungry. OMG You're the best! Go have fun when you go home. I really miss my home. I'm so homesick it's not even funny. I wish I could drive home. The only way is by plane. Boo. Anyways, good luck and happy traveling.

Post a Comment