Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 559 - February 24, 2011


Excuse me, ma’am?” the TSA worker said.

Oh no, I thought. What do they think they found in my luggage? Am I about to get a pat down?

Are you having a boy or a girl?” he said.

A girl,” I replied.

See, I told you,” he said giving his female co-worker a nudge.

You win this time,” she joked.

I have noticed that pregnancy brings unexpected kindness from strangers. In the last week alone, I have had countless people greet me with big smiles and congratulate on my pregnancy, a lady with only 3 items in her cart urged me to go ahead of her in the checkout line despite the fact that she had been standing there for several minutes already, 2 people asked if they could walk me to my car under their big umbrellas the day it rained, and now I had a couple of sweet TSA workers guessing my baby’s gender. If only the world were always this friendly and smiled as much as this boy does!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Man that boy is CUTE!! Not that I'm biased :)

SocialStudiesSoubrette said...

It would be such a wonderful world if people treated everyone like they were pregnant. Have fun at your shower!

Post a Comment