Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 567 - March 4, 2011

I went back home today. Back to the home that my husband and I shared for the first six months of our marriage. I stood in the basement remembering my dream to turn it into a photography studio one day. I saw the little white room upstairs where I used to imagine rocking my first born to sleep. I remember standing in the front hallway 2 years ago holding my husband's hand as he prayed that final evening before we took a leap of faith and moved over 2,600 miles away.

As I looked through boxes of dishes and clothing we had packed away, I came across a little slip of paper and wondered why I had packed it away with some old photographs and phone numbers instead of just throwing it out. I opened the paper and read:

#497
"Earth has no sorrows that heaven cannot heal."


I don't remember when I wrote out this verse or what I was going through at the time, but I know I must have found comfort in it. Although today, I am in a season of great joy, I know there will be a time when I will need to read this verse again, and so, I'll tuck this little slip of paper away in my childhood bedroom to stumble upon again some day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment