Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 573 - March 10, 2011


These days, life is all about baby and I couldn't be happier! I'm over 30 weeks pregnant now and, according to the widget my sister and nephew installed on my computer's dashboard, we only have about 67 days to go. My husband says almost daily, "I know we should be enjoying this time with just the two of us, but I just want to meet her" or "I can't wait to be a Daddy!" Those statements melt my heart and make itty squirm around with excitement.

I had my first labour and delivery dream since becoming pregnant. I went into labour sometime during the night. My husband was at work, which he never is in the middle of the night. Luckily, my sister, brother-in-law, and 2 nephews were here. My sister helped me through the contractions while my nephews watched in amazement. After about an hour and a half of labour, I squatted down in my bedroom and, with one push, gave birth to our little girl. When my husband got home from work, I handed him his daughter and he said, "She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." We couldn't stop staring at her, amazed by how perfect she was.

Is it wrong that I'd like to take this dream as a sign that I will have a relatively easy and short labour? Here's hoping.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes, let's hope so!! (And that by some miracle California and Ontario become neighbours so I can be there!) I put itty's ultrasound picture on our fridge and I can't stop dreaming about her. Having you here made the idea of her being a part of our family so much more real. Aunt Stephanie can't wait to meet you sweet baby!!

Oh and Noah says about 80 times a day "Bay-Be! dede/dea" (his new names for you), he can't wait to meet her either!

Post a Comment