Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 585 - March 22, 2011

The smell of freshly baked soft pretzels draws my husband in every single time we're in a shopping mall. He cannot pass a Wetzel's Pretzels or an Auntie Anne's without trying one of their delicious pretzel samples, which inevitable leads to him buying us each one. I really don't mind since I love them too, although I don't quite have the obsession he has.

Anyway, I've been promising him that we'd make our own soft pretzels at home since January. We finally got around to it this weekend and they were fantastic! I went to my go-to website for yummy recipes, Tasty Kitchen, and found this amazing recipe for soft pretzels. Seriously the best homemade soft pretzel recipe I've ever tried. These pretzels are the perfect combination of soft and chewy (don't overbake them) and they are still that way 2 days later unlike some recipes I've tried that get tough and stale very quickly. They were delicious brushed with melted butter and either salt or cinnamon sugar. Yum!

1 comments:

Krissy said...

DEEEElicious :) I'm like your husband, I have that obsession

Following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Hopefully you can stop by and visit us as well! Have a great day!

Krissy @ Mommy Misc...

Post a Comment