Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 604 - April 11, 2011


I'm 35 weeks pregnant and with only about 35 days to go, I'm feeling amazing! Our midwife stopped by yesterday to take a look at our space and help us decide the best place for the birthing tub. When she saw how big our bathroom and bathtub are, she told us it would be perfect for the birth. If we'd feel more comfortable in our own bathtub, she said we should just go for it rather than moving furniture around our bedroom and making space to inflate a birthing tub. They will still have the tub on hand in case we change our minds, but I think I'll probably be spending a lot of time in the bathtub and shower during labour anyway, so why move when Itty makes her final descent into the world?

I had been feeling a whole lot of movement in all different places in my belly this weekend and wondered if Itty had somehow flipped. Our midwife offered to check Itty's position and it seems that I'm probably just crazy. Our midwife says she thinks Itty has moved even further down and that I'm beginning to drop. "I think her head is way down there," she said. (Probably the reason why I'm running to the bathroom every 10 minutes!) She believes that since Itty is so far down, once I move into active labour, it shouldn't be too long until she's born! I sure like the sounds of that, but will continue to mentally prepare myself for a long labour because you just never know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment