Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 619 - April 26, 2011

I'm 37 weeks pregnant which means I'm officially full term! Although my due date is still 3 weeks away, Itty can come any time now and we can safely have the home birth we've been planning.


As much as the time has flown by, I've forgotten what it's like not to be pregnant. I was looking back at pictures from last April when my nephews visited and was surprised not to see a belly in the photos. It sounds silly, but I really don't remember what it's like not to be carrying my sweet baby girl in my belly. The days before Itty used my bladder as a trampoline are distant memories. I can't remember a time when I didn't go to the washroom at least 3 times an hour or when I didn't have to roll myself out of bed to get up in the morning. And to think I didn't use to get up to use the bathroom at night. Now I'm lucky if I can keep the night time trips to the washroom under 5. One thing I have not forgotten is how much I loved sleeping on my stomach. I am so looking forward to those nights again, even if they won't be as restful as they used to be.


With all of the laundry done, the birth supplies collected, the car seat installed, and over 3 weeks worth of meals in the freezer, we're feeling pretty prepared. There are still plenty of things on our to-do list that would be nice to complete before the birth, but with the most important things done, we're feeling good!


We have been quite busy lately and just sort of skipped over taking my 8 month photos. Luckily, we found some time this weekend to document my belly at full term. Will these be the last photos before Itty is born? Not likely, but you just never know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment