Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 639 - May 16, 2011

I'm 9 months pregnant, 40 weeks to be exact, and can't believe this day has arrived. May 16th is a date we've been anticipating for 9 months. For many women, when their due date finally rolls around, they are desperate to give birth. That's not the case for me. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to hold my little girl and official be called her Mommy, but you will not find me getting frustrated that she hasn't arrived yet or calling the nearest hospital to induce me or schedule a c-section. I feel calm and relaxed and prepared to welcome Itty whenever labor naturally begins. I am perfectly content trusting God, my body, and my baby girl. I have said it before and I'll say it again. God's timing is perfect! So, I will wait patiently and spend today celebrating my sweet girl.


This past weekend, I thought it would be neat to go back to the beach where we took my first pregnancy photos when I was only 3 months along. It is incredible to see the changes in my body and I am in complete awe of the entire process.

Look at how our little Itty girl has grown!


8 comments:

Sarah said...

andrea, you look amazing! we are so excited for you guys and cannot wait to hear the blessed news of the sweet arrival of your beautiful little girl :) -sarah & drew

Elly said...

Oh my goodness, what an awesome side by side comparison! I can't wait for her to come, but I agree 100%, God knows, and she knows, when it's time to come!!! :D

Karen said...

When I didn't see a post from yesterday I was starting to wonder! Glad to hear you're in a good place and calmly awaiting your baby's arrival!

Stephanie said...

You're looking gorgeous! I cannot wait to hear the amazing news whenever He decides that she's ready to come. Those last days after my due date but before Micah arrived were so precious, enjoy them to the fullest!

Holly said...

You look great! Can't wait to see pictures and "meet" the little one!

Editor said...

that is too precious...congratulations!

pintsandteapots said...

Could you be any more beautiful? I think not! I hope you and little miss enjoy your last few days before you get to meet. Take care (Vanessa)

Melissa said...

Wow!!! Andrea, you look absolutely incredible! I love the last comparison shots... so cool! Can't wait to hear about that sweet little girl in there and lay eyes on her gorgeous face! All the best in the coming day. May you have an amazing labour and delivery experience!

Post a Comment