Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 640 - May 17, 2011

First of all, thank you to all of you who left such sweet comments on yesterday's post. I can tell that many of you are mothers and have been in my shoes before. You know just what to say to make a very pregnant woman smile.

What better way to thank you than to share a sweet treat with all of you. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but my husband is a sucker for gourmet popcorn. He just loves when the folks from Popcornopolis come to Costco to dish out delicious samples of their gourmet popcorn. His favourite flavour has got to be Gourmet Zebra Chocolate Popcorn. If you haven't tried it, you really must. It's delicious!

The downfalls to this treat are that Popcornopolis cones are only sold at Costco once every few months and they tends to be a little pricey. So this weekend, we attempted to recreate this mouth-watering treat at home!

We began by making 3 baking sheets full of caramel popcorn.


Then we drizzled the caramel popcorn with melted milk chocolate, luscious white chocolate, and creamy caramel.


Let me pause here a second and say that yes, that is the same 9 months pregnant belly you saw in yesterday's photos. This is what I see when I look in the mirror each day. Now you understand why I'm so shocked when I see a picture of my belly from the side. Anyway, back to the popcorn.


Oh wait. That's it! It's that simple to make and let me tell you, it knocks the socks off Popcornopolis popcorn. It honestly tastes exactly like it and for a mere fraction of the cost. The nice thing about making your own is that you control the chocolate. Every single piece of popcorn we made has a drizzle of chocolate on it, unlike the stuff that's mass produced. Plus, you can add nuts or maybe your favourite melted candy bar. The possibilities are really endlessly delicious!


Source: Zebra Popcorn...

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yummy...but how do you make caramel popcorn? Do you just melt caramel and then mix it?

Kirsten said...

Looks delicious! Ditto Karen...how did you make the caramel popcorn part?

Andrea said...

At the very bottom of the post, I included a link to the recipe we used. It's pretty small and easily missed so I'll post it here too just in case.

Zebra Popcorn:
http://bartonfamilyco.blogspot.com/2011/02/zebra-popcorn.html

Enjoy!

Stephanie said...

Yum!! Can we please make some when I come to visit?!

Post a Comment