Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 47 - July 11, 2011

We were standing in the merchandise returns line at Costco this weekend when an older gentleman caught my eye and asked, "Are you returning your baby?" I smiled. "Nope. She's a keeper," I responded.

"You must be exhausted," people often say and my response is always the same. "I actually feel quite rested. We've been blessed with a great eater and an even better sleeper." (As I type, she's laughing in her sleep beside me and I'm taking a mental picture of this precious moment in time.) Since day 1, our little girl has known day from night and immediately began sleeping 3 1/2 - 4 hour stretches between feedings at night. As the weeks went on, she gradually increased her night sleeps to 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 hours. Then last night, she gave us our longest stretch yet. A whole 6 1/4 hours of solid sleep! Plus, she sleeps in until between 10am and noon every morning! And the great thing is, that when she does wake up to eat, I'll nurse her, burp her, and change her diaper, and she'll be back to sleep again, all in less than 20 minutes. So each day, I awake feeling rested, refreshed, and thankful. The Lord has blessed us with one amazing little girl!

So no, we will not be returning this beautiful gift. She's a keeper!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

definitely a keeper. our first one was like that. Great sleeper, great eater and loved to just play by himself. I is sooooo great to have one like that to ease you into parenthood. Then when you think you have it figured out, you have one like our 2nd who liked to eat every hour and would only sleep 1-2 hours at a time. But she's a keeper too!

Andrea said...

She has definitely made the transition into parenthood a dream and just like your little one, she also loves to just play by herself. We're enjoying every minute of sleep now because we know that the chances of our second child being as easy as her are probably slim.

Melissa said...

We got our easier one the second time around (at least for the baby stage)... we deserved it! haha Gorgeous shot of your little keeper!

Post a Comment