Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 117 - September 19, 2011

Like every parent, I like to think my baby's a genius, but today, I'm even more convinced of that fact. It's funny, today, a friend of Greg's posted on Facebook that their 5-month-old son just rolled over for the first time (hooray!) and I was thinking, it won't be long before our Adelyn is rolling over. I didn't know how true that statement would be.

About 10 minutes later, Adelyn was playing on her polka dotted blanket; reaching for her toes and sucking on her fingers. I watched her swing her right leg over her body and back again. She's getting her leg pretty far over, I thought. I ran into the bedroom to get the Flip cam, you know, just in case. And thank goodness I did. Less than 1 minute later, on day 117, my sweet baby girl rolled over from her back to her stomach for the first time! I'm such a proud mommy! Check her out!



(Please excuse the proud mommy commentary throughout the video.)

In a matter of hours, Adelyn turned into a rolling machine! We spent the afternoon visiting with Holly and Easton, and Addy was eager to show off her new skill. She wouldn't stay on her back for more than a minute before rolling over. We can't wait to show Daddy tonight!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh my gosh, she is soooo cute! That is really early to be rolling from her back. I'm assuming she's rolled from her tummy to her back? that's usually first. And I love your proud mommy commentary. Sounds like me when Kaia does something for the first time. Keep it up!

David J. Paetkau said...

She's clearly a little performer, and loves to make her mommy happy, just like her cousins!

Watching, I couldn't help thinking how much she looks like you at that age, And, with those blue eyes and chubby cheeks smiling up at the camera. I can't wait to get a chance to see those smiles in person!

Post a Comment