Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 342 - May 1, 2012

Last night, Adelyn was playing on the floor while I sat beside her sorting through a pile of mail.  It was getting close to bedtime, so I told her that I would need to change her diaper and get her pjs on when I finished opening the last bill.  She looked up at me, then turned around and started crawling toward the stairs.  Here's what happened next.


That is just a short clip of the 2:30 minute video I took of her climbing up, not one, but two flights of stairs for the first time.  I was amazed at how confidently she climbed as if she'd been practicing for weeks.  I'm so glad the video camera was right beside me and that I decided to start filming.  I am thankful that I have been able to capture so many firsts on video, especially since Greg was still at work and missed this one.

Each new milestone is bittersweet.  I rejoice with her as she discovers her independence, but also choke back tears when I think of how fast this first year of her life has gone.  From taking her first steps alone Sunday to climbing up the stairs Monday, it's all happening a little too quickly for this Mama.  Can't you stay little just a bit longer, Adelyn?

1 comments:

Joanne said...

Darling!!!!! Make sure to teach her how to come down!!! =) Sheryl's little Kaylee tried going up alone today and got a good bruise. =(

Post a Comment